Friday, April 20, 2007

Paint My Love

Your Five Variable Love Profile


Propensity for Monogamy:
Your propensity for monogamy is high.You find it easy to be devoted and loyal to one person.And in return, you expect the same from who you love.Any sign of straying, and you'll end things.


Experience Level:
Your experience level is high.You've loved, lost, and loved again.You have had a wide range of love experiences.And when the real thing comes along, you know it!


Dominance:
Your dominance is low.This doesn't mean you're a doormat, just balanced.You know a relationship is not about getting your way.And you love to give your sweetie a lot of freedom.


Cynicism:
Your cynicism is low.You are an eternal optimist when it comes to love and romance.No matter how many times you've been hurt - you're never bitter.You believe in one true love, your perfect soulmate.And if you haven't found true love yet, you know you will soon.


Independence:
Your independence is low.This doesn't mean you're dependent in relationships..It does mean that you don't have any problem sharing your life.In your opinion, the best part of being in love is being together.

The Five Variable Love Test







I’ve always pooh-poohed the validity of love tests but for some reason, this one seemed pretty accurate. It really made my day too. Thanks for the forward, buddy! There is a story behind every result and this one is no different.

All of us have fallen in love at some point or other in our lives. No, it is not the teenage crush “I love you, you love me” kind of cow story with the big bull in them. Unless of course, you are still a teenager and if you are, you are at the wrong blog. Mature audiences only kk thanks. Okay, okay, bad joke.

I always believe that love does funny things to an individual. Sometimes, it brings out the best in us and at times, the worst. Citing myself as an example, I have the tendency to become a total buffoon in front of a woman that I fancy (Especially at the initial stages or when I’m trying to ask her out). But once all the butterflies in my stomach decide to find another abode, things become much better and she brings out the best in me. Hey, no kidding. Just go ask my ex. LOL!

Falling into depression is no joke and it can steal away a person’s best years. And there are few of those years. Depression really KOed me and I found it hard to get my derailed life back on track. I really thank God that he allowed a special woman into my life to help ease the hurts and to show me that I could still be a blessing to other people. I learnt so much and today, I can only look back at 1 Corinthians 13 and smile.

“… Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”

A dear woman in my life once complained “They’re all younger than me.” Oh well, if it is written that you should date younger men, you can’t escape. It isn’t all that bad either. I know I made her smile a lot. She’s doing great in her relationship right now and I’m delighted for her and I wish her all the best. As for me, I’ve got a complaint about the women that I fancy now. “They’re all better than me.” Well, as far as achievements are concerned, that is.

And the dreaded “what if” dialogue comes back to haunt me. What if I wasn’t so stubborn and let go of my ideals? What if I didn’t fall into depression? What if I didn’t feel like I had nothing to prove to anyone? What if my parents didn’t coerce me into the pure sciences? What if this, what if that. Zzzzzz. Oh well, the world may not make sense but I can make sense. And I will try to make their dreams come true.

You probably think that I’m a hopeless romantic by now. Yea, I am. So bite me. What? You don’t believe in love? You’re seeing red and you feel like charging me like a bull at a matador? Go ahead. But before you do, do allow me to inform you that bulls don’t just charge at red. They’re colour blind and charge at anything that provokes them. See how many things you learn from my blog? LOL! Ok, charge me now and I’ll leave you with a song while you’re at it.


LET IT BE ME
I bless the day I found you
I want to stay around you
And so I beg you
Let it be me
Don't take this heaven from one
If you must cling to someone
Now and forever
Let it be me
Each time we meet, luv
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
What would life be
So never leave me lonely
Tell me you love me only
And that you'll always
Let it be me
Now and forever
Let it be me


P.S. I'm still here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hands up which woman wouldn't want to get to know Richard.

Anonymous said...

dude wht is wrong wif u? i dunno who u r anymore. church stuff n now love posts? wht hv u been drinking? get a grip.

R1ch@rD said...

Sofie: I'm not that hot... but thanks.

Anonymous: Stand and deliver. Kindly identify yourself! Will the real Anonymous please stand up!