Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sophie Scholl, Take Two

How can like that?!

Another trip to Cineleisure Damansara crowned me the undisputed King of the Theatre. There was simply no one else to be found. Sophie Scholl is one of the best movies this year and nobody in the freaking country appreciates it? Truly Malaysia Boleh! Go make teh tarik in space and film it for all I care. I’m sure that clip will sell out Bukit Jalil one week over. C’mon people, good movies don’t necessarily have to be razzle-dazzle all the way.

I say again that Sophie Scholl is a smashing movie. Unfortunately, it is obviously shown in the wrong country because the only subtitles Malaysians know are the ones that translate 300 into “Tiga ratus pahlawan berani mati.” That only holds in Hollywood movies people! German movies come with accurate English translations prepared by foreigners! People really need to broaden their horizons! (Sorry Janet, I stole that line but I’m using it for a good cause.) Poor Sophie needs recognition.

These seats could be yours people. Help Sophie!

No comments: