Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Lion's Eyes

Taken by the enemy’s hand
Trapped inside a foreign land
I sat and wept
Prayed that the Lord would not forget

Just a young man in the sun
My name was changed
As if for fun
I chose water over wine
God helps His servants
I look into the lion’s eyes

How do I know what I should say?
About this vision
Of gold and clay
My life, it hangs on one decree
I pray to the Father
Open my eyes so I can see

Friends saw an idol made of gold
But their souls could not be sold
They would not bow
And in the fire they were crowned

I saw the writing on the wall
A proud reign ended
Oh what a fall
I was clothed in purple
With chains of gold
Amazing what the Lord bestows

As I am thrown down, fit to die
I see the lions
I fear the sight
Is this the prize I’ve waited for?
I will not waver
My Lord will see me through it all

Safe from death and the lion’s teeth
I now have dreams of rams and beasts
God saves my life
I look into my lion’s eyes

No comments: